Don’t have an account yet? Create one here, simple and easy!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Where are we located?
Our customer service team is located in Northampton. From this office they process all the orders, returns and inquiries from our customers. However, if you want to return a product it will only be processed if you send it to our warehouse address, based strategically in the Netherlands for a faster distribution all around Europe. All the products ordered are sent from:
Son en Breugel
Which brands can I find?
In our wide catalogue of products you can find 6 main brands:
- Philips: Leading the bulb manufacturer market, this company has earned its renown brand image position offering quality and innovative products. Since the beginning, we are specialized in selling Philips products to satisfy the highest performance requirements of our customers.
- Osram: This German company is specialized in offering solutions for each lighting problem. They are known for its resistance and functional products. Together with Philips they are the leaders in the lighting market.
- Sylvania: Part of the Havells Sylvania Group, one of the world’s biggest manufacturers of artificial light sources. Sylvania offers quality with economic prices affordable for all kind of pockets!
- GE: This brand offers professional and consumer lighting products. GE is one of the leading lighting brands in the United States. GE products can be found in South America, Asia and Europe.
- LINDEN: From our house brand. LINDEN was created to supply customers with their favourite lighting products with a cheap and fair priced solution. Our products are subject to strict regulations of quality and performance.
- Steinel: “The king of sensors” could be the best definition of this company. Selling its products around the world, offers high performance products suitable for all users .
Why is there a disposal fee charged?
Some websites claim that the disposal fee has been abolished, which is not true. For consumers, the disposal fee has to be processed on the sale price. However because Any Lamp works closely with many other companies, the Disposal Charge will be declared separately.
Are the customer feedbacks of Any-lamp on eKomi real?
Ekomi is an independent company which receives reviews for Any-Lamp. They are completely independent & transparent giving you the possibility to give an honest feedback on their site. Irrelevant of whether it is a positive or negative review, it will still be shown on the website of eKomi.
I want to write a review in eKomi about Any-Lamp. How can I do this?
Within 5 days, after your order has been dispatched, you will receive an email requesting you to send a review to eKomi. In this review you have the chance to share how you have experienced purchasing via Any-lamp and the service provided by our customer service team.
Why my invoice is without VAT?
Once the VAT number is validated regarding the European Commission, the invoice is directly linked to our holding which is based in the Netherlands. Because of being an intra-community transaction you do not pay the VAT.
When will my order be processed?
Your order will be processed once the payment has been received or when our team has validated it (payments in 14 days for companies). Please take into account that if you choose the payment by bank transfer the payment can be received later.
Where can I track my order?
Your order can be tracked easily. You only need to log into your account and press “my orders” to see the current status of your products.
After placing my order, I didn’t receive any confirmation concerning my order. How is this possible?
Perhaps there is an error in your email address. If there is an error in your e-mail address, you will not receive any e-mails from Any-Lamp. Contact our Customer Service for further assistance.
Can I still cancel my order?
If your order has not yet been shipped, it is possible to cancel your order. In such situations please contact our customer service.
I have not received my order as yet, could there be anything wrong?
There could be a number of reasons for this. Here are a few reasons as to why your order could be delayed:
- It could be that your payment has not yet been made. As long as your payment is not completed, your order will be put on hold and the process stopped. Once we receive the payment we will ship the products as soon as possible.
- Running out of stock could be another reason why your order has been delayed. Due to our large stock supply it is not a common situation, but when it happens it is specified on the product page. In case you purchased a product out of stock you will be notified by our customer service team.
- Something could be wrong at UPS/ GLS whereby the delivery is delayed and held up. With your track number you can trace the status of your order and see as to why it has been held up. If the information provided by the transport company is not enough we ask you to contact our customer service team or call the transport company directly.
How can I see my previous orders?
You will be able to see your previous orders log in into your account and clicking on “my order list”
How is breakage upon delivery solved?
Occasionally there could be a lamp breakage during the delivery. Therefore we recommend to check the lamps upon delivery. If there is any product broken when you receive your order you can return the broken products within 2 weeks from the date of receipt. If this is the case you can do it in two ways:
- The fastest way to process your request is doing a RMA (Return Merchandize Authorization) request by yourself. Make a request
- If you feel lost, you can also send us a picture of the broken product to our email firstname.lastname@example.org together with your order reference number. Our team will process your request and will inform you of the next steps.
If you need to find more information about how to return your products visit our return page.
Payments and invoices
What are the payment methods?
There are several payment methods available either for business or private usage:
- Payment with Visa or MasterCard: Payments are processed instantly and an extra fee will not be charged.
- American Express: In the same way as Visa or MasterCard, payments are immediate. However for this method there will be a fee charge of 2%.
- Bank transfer: Selecting this method you will be directed to a page with all the relevant details to make the payment. Also you will be sent an email with the information. Please follow the instructions concerning the order number or see our payment page for more information.
- PayPal: Known for being one of the most secure online payment method, to make the payment will be as simple as clicking proceed and log into your account.
Exclusively for companies we have another payment method available:
- Payment in 14 days: This is available for businesses with a registered CRO number. Once we process your petition you will receive an email.
How secure is paying by credit card?
Your payment is as secure as any website can be. Any payment detail provided is encrypted and highly secured. To protect you from any possible risk, Adyen (International Payment Services) processes our payments. It is the most secure and easy-to-navigate payment technology available and is being used by huge companies such as Vodafone, Spotify or Mango.
My payment method by card or PayPal failed, what happened and why?
The common situations are:
- Some incorrect data has been submitted and the payment cannot be processed.
- There is not enough credit at the moment on the select card.
- There is a problem with your bank server
In these situations the order will be cancelled automatically and any payment will be charged. If you still want to purchase the products you can access your account and click on “my orders”.
I want to change my payment method, how can I do this?
If you want to change the payment method you can do this easily. You can access your account and click on “my orders”. In this section you can view your last orders and select the one of which you want to change the payment method. Once you have selected your order, you can click on “Reorder” and reorder the products with the right payment method. A new order will be made with the payment method of choice. The previous order status will be “Awaiting prepayment”, please send an email to our customer service to cancel this order.
Why does the website say that my VAT number is invalid?
Your VAT number should be entered without spaces or punctuations marks. If you enter it with spaces and punctuations marks, the website will not recognize your number.
I did not receive my invoice. How can I find it?
After completing your online payment you will receive an automated email with your payment details & invoice as a pdf file. Also, You are always able to find your invoices in your account at “my invoices” at the bottom.
In case you want to have an invoice of a previous order, you can click on “my orders”, select “view order” and “print order”.
How can I change my delivery address?
If you have not placed any order with us yet, you can easily change your billing and shipping address. You only need to access your account and click on “Address Book” and “Edit”. If you have placed an order please see the question below.
I have made a mistake in my address, what should I do now?
If you have placed an order and the order has not been shipped yet click “My orders” in your account to see the status), call us and we will change your address. However, if your order has been shipped we can only change the billing address regarding the invoice, but not the shipping address if delivery is in process.
Can I make any changes if I have already placed an order?
If you have placed an order with us and you need to change or correct any information provided, you can call us or send us an email. However, take into account that once the order has been shipped we cannot change the shipping address or the products purchased.
I’ve ordered the wrong products, what should I do?
If you have not yet completed your payment, please contact our customer service, via email or telephone, to adjust your order without problems. If you have paid, but your order has not been dispatched yet, you can contact our customer service to cancel the current order and place a new one. The payment of the cancelled order will be refunded to your account and you will need to make a new payment for the new order. If the products have been dispatched you can return your products once you have received them.
I have received products that I did not order.
On the off-chance that you should receive the wrong product - that you did not order- contact the customer service team via email or telephone. They will investigate if it was a picking fault or a fault made by UPS or GLS. Whatever the case, we will send you a return form for you to fill out and send back to us. Then we will resolve your claim as soon as possible and dispatch the correct items to you.
I have ordered the wrong products and have already received them. How do I solve this?
You can return your order to us within 14 days of receipt.
See the return page to know more about the steps you need to follow. Please do not forget to attach the return form into the package you wish to send back. Any package without this document will not be processed.
How to create an account?
Creating an account is very simple. You only have to click on ‘login’ on the top right of our website and create an account for new customers. After filling in your details, please confirm at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email confirming the creation of your account. For more information, visit our Account-page.
What can I do with my account?
Creating an account will give you the possibility to have complete control over your orders and invoices, save your details for a faster and easier checkout and store multiple addresses. Furthermore you can store billing information in a very secure way, track your order history, create a return request or ask for quotations. A possible newsletter subscription in your account will provide you with important information about our products and discounts.
How to check my invoices?
Being logged into your account, you have the possibility to click on the ‘My invoices’ tab, which will give you an overview of all the invoices as well as credit memos regarding your previous orders.
How can I subscribe/ unsubscribe to the newsletters?
Being logged into your account, you have the possibility to click on the ‘Newsletter Subscriptions’ tab, which gives you the possibility to subscribe or to unsubscribe from the newsletter. However you can do it as well in the moment you receive one of our newsletters.
What happens with the information provided?
What are the most important features I must take into account to choose a lamp?
If you want to find the right lamp, there are any things you need to consider. However the most important things is: the socket fitting and Wattage.
Once you are aware of the wattage and the socket, you can consider other many things to choose the ideal bulb as:
- Colour temperature
- Colour rendering
- Lamp voltage
- Beam angle
Having information concerning these specifications, it will be easy for you to find the adequate bulb. The filter on the left of our website gives you further support.
How can I replace a lamp if I don’t know the socket?
If you don’t know the designation of the lamp socket, the best way to find out is taking measurements of the socket. Knowing the diameter of the socket or the distance between the two pins makes it clear, which socket your old lamp has. The following pictures can maybe help you to distinguish between several sockets:
How can I know which colour temperature I require?
All our lamps, doesn’t matter if it is gas discharge, incandescent, halogen or LED technology, indicate a colour code, for example 827 or 940.
The first digit (8 or 9) stands for the colour rendering of the lamp. The colour code 940 means the lamp has a colour rendering of 90Ra, which is excellent and shows the colours in a natural way.
The last two digits of the colour code (e.g. 27 or 40) provide information about the colour temperature. 27 for example stands for 2700 Kelvin, 40 for 4000 Kelvin. You can select the colour temperature that fits best for your application area:
- 2700 Kelvin = very warm white (living room)
- 3000 Kelvin = warm white (office area)
- 4000 Kelvin = cool white (warehouse)
- 6500 Kelvin = daylight (factory)
For which products could I find a LED replacement?
Nowadays you can find a replacement in LED for Incandescent lamps with socket E14, E27, B22 and GU10. Halogen lamps with socket typeE27, G13, GU10, GU5.3, E14, G53, G4, G9 and GU4 and Fluorescent tubes (only for T8 tubes).
How to replace a T8 tube for a LED tube?
Before starting to search for the right tube, it is important to know which ballast you are using in combination with your old tube. Is it a conventional or an electronic one?
If you are currently using a conventional ballast, then you can either change the starter and keep the ballast or remove the ballast and the starter. Changing the starter and keeping the ballast is the easier way, however the energy consumption will be higher compared to removing the ballast and the starter. So the second option would definitely be the better option in order to benefit from low energy consumption, even though it is more labor-intensive and requires the help of an electrician. If you are currently using an electronic ballast, you do also have two options. You can either remove the ballast with the help of an electrician or use these three products connected with the ballast:
How can I find the correct ballast?
All the ballasts we provide can be found in the “Lighting Accessories” category on our webpage. Inside this category you have ballast for HID lamps and for Fluorescent tubes. To choose the correct ballast you need to know which kind of lamp you have, the wattage of your current lamp and the quantity of bulbs you need to connect to it. You can help yourself with the filter and the descriptions provided in each category and product page. If you have any further questions contact our customer service team.
How is the shipment process?
Once you have placed an order with us your products, if they are in stock, will be dispatched within 24hours on working days. If they are not in stock you will be notified by our customer service about the estimated time. Once our team at the warehouse have packed the products carefully and well protected the transport company, being GLS or UPS, will take care of your order from there on. To know more information and all the details about the shipment please check the Delivery page.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
The estimated time can vary up to 9 days depending onthe area you live. If you want to know the estimated time to receive your order you can find all the details on our Delivery page.
How much are the delivery costs?
The delivery costs depend on your location. If you would like to have more information, please check the Delivery page.
At what time will my order be delivered?
All our products are shipped with UPS or GLS. Both are renown companies that provide fast & safe deliveries worldwide. They operate on its own agenda, hence we do not have any influence on the delivery time. 3 delivery attempts are made by UPS, if you order is not received on all 3 delivery attempts, it will then be returned to Any-Lamp. However, in case of absence, GLS brings your products to a safe and near location until they establish contact with the client.
Why are the Shipment costs so high?
Your products are packed safely to prevent any damage during shipment. This requires extra care in the packaging & dispatching using special material to keep your products intact and prevent damage in transit, which makes the shipment costs higher than normal shipment costs.